79% of Digital Advertisers are Also Using SEO in Their Marketing Strategies
Smart recommendations to make Google Ads profitable
Opteo continuously monitors Google Ads accounts for statistically significant patterns. When something comes up, Opteo suggests an improvement backed up by real data. Opteo also helps monitor performance trends, track spending & get alerts when you need them.
The new data shows that digital advertisers have used SEO as a part of the marketing strategy this year as well as in 2019.
It is one of the many data included in the West Stream report on the online advertising landscape in 2019.
This particular point should be highlighted as it shows how valuable these SEO sare for how many marketing channels prefer.
When asked if in 2019 other marketing channels were used to boost their business compared to digital advertising, SEO was the top choice among the respondents.
Content marketing, email marketing, and marketing of mouth marketing were also among the most used by channels of digital advertisers.
Here’s a complete list of answers.
Outside of digital advertising, what other marketing channels are you using to grow your business in 2019?
- SEO – 79%
- Email marketing – 66%
- Content marketing – 60%
- Word of mouth marketing – 47%
- Direct mail – 32%
- Event marketing – 26%
- Guerrilla marketing – 9%
- Affinity marketing – 6%
- Telemarketing – 4%
- Other – 1%
Advertisers tend to prioritize paid search over organic search because of the potential for immediate profit.
However, it’s clear that advertisers also realize the long-term benefits of investing in SEO.
Other Notable Statistics
Here are some other key takeaways from Word Stream’s report:
- 44% of advertisers are spending the same amount on Google search ads in 2019 as they did in 2018.
- 46% of advertisers are spending more on Google search ads this year.
- A quarter of advertisers do not use any form of display advertising.
- Nearly a third of advertisers are spending more on Instagram ads this year.
- Half of advertisers do everything in-house.
- The number one challenge for all types of advertisers is time limitations.
- Generating a profit is by far the most important goal for advertisers.
For more data related to online advertising in 2019, see the full report here.